Day 2 on prioritizing.
This is going to be so good for me! I don’t know when I last actually took the time to analyze my life, my values, goals, and how I spend my time. It’s been way too long. April—it’s all about spring cleaning! Out with the old time drains and in with ways to make the most of my time. If anyone is out there, try it out with me and let me know how it goes!
Okay, starting from the top: values. Hmmm…what kinds of questions should we be asking here?
- What do I value the most in my life?
- What’s important to me?
- What do I strive regularly to achieve?
- What should I use to guide my goals and the way I spend my time?
I think there are a few things going on for me mentally as I think about these questions. I’m sort of going in two directions:
(1) I’m trying to sum up in a few words a broad value that is important to me.
(2) I’m first thinking about different goals or activities I value and then trying to define broad categories that group sets of these goals/activities together.
I think either approach will work. Let’s see what we get….
Kids’ Health and Development
Relationships with Family
Relationships with Friends
Maintaining Sanity: Being Happy
Learning and Growing: Trying New Things
Becoming a Better Person: Learning from Mistakes
Integrity: Being True to Myself
Making a Positive Difference in Others’ Lives
Keeping Life (House, Car, Office) Clean and Clutter-Free
So, for me, I came up with the above (in the order that I thought of them—I’m not sure we need to rank them—yet, at least). There’s some overlap in some of the areas, but I think that’s okay.
Is that it? For now, I think so. Good thing I can always go back. I’m learning that blogging is good like that.
Did anyone else try it? Thoughts? Next time, onto thinking about goals!